Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What is Love & Marriage

One of the best explanations of Love & Marriage.......



One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?"

His teacher answered, "There is a vast wheat field in front. Walk

forward without turning back, and pick only one stalk. If you find the

most magnificent stalk, then you have found love." Plato walked

forward, and before long, he returned with empty hands, having picked

nothing.



His teacher asked, "Why did you not pick any stalk?" Plato answered,

"Because I could only pick once, and yet I could not turn back. I did

find the most magnificent stalk, but did not know if there were any

better ones ahead, so I did not pick it. As I walked further, the

stalks that I saw were not as good as the earlier one, so I did not

pick any in the end.



His teacher then said, "And that is love."



On another day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is marriage? How can I

find it?" His teacher answered, "There is a thriving forest in front.

Walk forward without turning back, and chop down only one tree. If you

find the tallest tree, then you have found marriage".



Plato walked forward, and before long, he returned with a tree. The

tree was not thriving, and it was not tall either. It was only an

ordinary tree. His teacher asked "Why did you chop down such an

ordinary tree?" Plato answered, "Because of my previous experience. I

had walked through the field, but returned with empty hands. This

time, I saw this tree, and I felt that it was not bad, so I chopped it

down and brought it back. I did not want to miss the opportunity."



His teacher then said, "And that is marriage. You see son, Love is the

most beautiful thing to happen to a person, it's an opportunity but

you don't realise its worth when you have it but only when it's gone

like the field of stalks. Marriage like the tree you chopped, it's a

compromise."

Posted via email from shirlyn's posterous

0 comments: