Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Bad Luck

Last night was my very very very bad luck night. I went to Uptown FF to shadow. So I reached there around 7:30pm and park along the shop lots opposite uptown hawker center. After the class and by the time I went back to my car is around 10:15pm. When approaching the car I saw the back door small mirror with cracks but not broken. So I thought it was someone trying to break in. And quickly search for my laptop which I put behind driver seat. It is gone!!! The thieve attempt to break the right window but unsuccessful then he tried another side of the window. My car seat with all the glasses and most sadest thing is my laptop gone. :( At that time I really don't know what to do...my heart suddenly dropped and panic. Luckily there are some gym friends with me so I don't feel so helpless. I called one of my best friend come to help me.

Thanks to Clement that fetch me to nearest police station to make report. And thanks to Azyei, Leo, Kak Nita and the rest there to support me. After made the report the police officer ask me to proceed to Kelana Jaya Police Station to have police statements and photograph my car. It is nothing I can do but just make a report. What is gone is gone. I'm sad but I can't cry at all. I know it is no use cos it is happened. What is to be regretted is all my data gone as well!! especially my work data which I didn't backup at all. And all my personal datas such as photos and some memorable things....sigh :(

In my laptop bag there are many things in it:

1. HP Compaq laptop less than 1 year old (most important)
2. HP Pocket PC (valuable gadget)
3. External Hardisk (some backup datas)
4. Webcam
5. IPod Charger and USB cable (important to me)
6. Cheque Book (stopped all the cheques this morning)
7. Some of my credit cards statements
8. BJam 35 CD + DVD (heartache cos I love this release)
9. Some software CDs
10. Nokia ear piece

Basically these are the things in the bag!!! You sure will ask why I put so many things in it? I really can't answer you. I know I'm stupid. I'm so careless. I should not put so many eggs in one basket!! I am so regret to park the car out there. What if I park in basement and what if I don't leave my laptop in my car then it will not happen!! Everything is too late now....

Today I don't go to work as I need to send my car to fix this morning and now I'm at British Council accompany my friend to have a test here cos he is the one who send me to workshop and he helped me last night. Later I have to go back to police station to update my police report to include my laptop serial number in order HP to do necessary procedures to track it.

Another problem now is all the while I use my own laptop to work in office. All my development works were in it. And office don't have any pc for my use (initilaly there is one but later transferred to another new colleague). So now I don't have any pc to use at work at all!! I really don't know what can I do now. Even if company will buy me one but it takes time. In the mean time really no pc use. And I'm thinking should I get another new laptop for myself?? But it has to spend another sum of money.

Why am I so bad luck :( cum I got no extra money to deal with all these!!! sigh.... lucky the car mirror got insured. however the foreman said it need less than RM100 to fix it. So I think I wont claim insurance.

ok gotta go now. update later.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shirlyn, so sorry to hear about it.

Hope u will get over it as soon as possible.

Now u should know there is very dangerous to put ANY bags into ur car, next time u should have put it into luggage space.

Lemonjude said...

so sad to hear that all your important things gone now...anyway take this as a lesson, next time don't put watever important stuff at the rear seat. even u park in the basement it might happen also..so just for safety just do not put..clear ur seat before u leave ur car...one of my fren go upstair do something less than 15 min her triangle mirror is break and took her laptop, somemore she put it stand at the sideway of the rear seat area which is hardly to see, it gone too...she parked next to the restaurant which hav ppl eating there, they not help to yell or stop him at all....so better take care of ownself now...hope u r ok..

yw[2k] said...

Sorry to hear bout your laptop Shirlyn. Hope you're ok *huggies*

shades said...

Dunno what to say but sorry to hear this... I've lost my laptop before and I understand your loss.

Shirlyn said...

thank you for all of ur concerns. I cant do anythin but just to accept it. Anyhow is very hard for me to take it. Without laptop I can't do anything. I'm too rely on it and its really important.

now only sad but nothing else can do. donno wat to do next now... very sien. sigh

Anonymous said...

via

Anonymous said...

via - hope u r ok and learn that as a mistake....take care yeah....fyi to all...thief are smart now, they use cmos batt detector to detect notebook batterry inside there, no matter where u hide it, they will know ur car got a notebook....

Anonymous said...

Yes Shirlyn, I do agree with Anonymous that these thieves has some devices to trace which car have some electronic devices inside, like notebook no matter where you hide it. 2 of my friends went to Kepong for dinner, 1 car is Proton (with notebook behind) and the other is Honda, but the thieves broke in to the Proton instead of Honda. Anyway, past is past and now you do learn something..what to do.

Anonymous said...

What a horrible experience! Being a very careless person who has had many close shaves, my sympathies are with you. Chin up and take care!

yw[2k] said...

My colleagues car's front side window was smashed last night! What's the world coming to?!

Shirlyn said...

pls warn ur friends and family not to put laptop in the car!! there are many sick ppl out there who dares to do such thing in public!! shit...feel unsafe living here

Shirlyn said...

fongwan, thanks for offering help. I will if I need :)

Anonymous said...

No intention to rub salt to your wound. But don't u think is a very scary thoughts that your whole life depends on the notebook. Without the notebook you can't move on? What, us, as human being has become? Do u think we are too rely on technology these dayz ?

Shirlyn said...

To anonymous, I work in IT field. obviously computer is important for me. and all my works need it n save in it. well, if got backup I don't mind to use other pc continue but now problem is I don't backup. Don't u understand the feeling?

may b to u or others not important cos u need it when only u need it. but i use it everyday for work. tat's different.

Anonymous said...

let bygones be bygones...chill ya babe...just be more careful next time...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about it.
Everything has happend. pls take calm and don't blame your mistake anymore. Be strong.
Since you has need laptop urgently and have no enough $ to get a new pc/ labtop, what i would suggest you could order from Dell pc/laptop and pay by monthly installment. At the mean time, you concentrate to work and save money to pay labtop monthly instead of one time full payment.
Hope you recover soon and be more careful of surronding next time.