Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

BKK trip

10-13 June 2006
Day 1:
My journey continue....after landed at 3pm at KLIA. Taken luggage then my sis fetched me to LCC Terminal to catch next flight to BKK at about 6pm. I'm like zombie waiting at the terminal. So so so so sleepy and I did fall asleep. The flight was delayed and by the time reached BKK already 9ish at nite. Took cab to hotel and meet up my friends. Showered and went out to have some food. Then go to visit some clubs. My first time and first night clubbing in BKK! something different! hehehe.

This is the hotel I stayed. share room with my friend's sister. RM60 per person. OK lar, I feel comfortable with the hotel.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Day 2:
It is Sunday and only day I can go to Chatuchak to shop! So I won't miss the chance. We took a cab to Chatuchak but we've agree to deroute to a gem stone factory first. A lot cab drivers will take their passengers to the factory to get some earnings before to their destination with lower taxi fare. I bought a ring there but cheap one la...
After 2 hours hanging around the factory then we headed to chatuchak which i wish to go one. Heard my friends said a lot things selling there and it is true! I was shopping separately with my friends alone...better still to shop alone and u got more time to get what u wan n no wasting time. Bought a lot and spent most ofo the money there :p. Later they were tired and just go back hotel while I'm still shopping around and waiting to meet up Makoto. After met up we still hang around for a while then we go back to hotel together. Refresh myself and went out dinner together with my other friends. We had seafood dinner and quite cheap.
The plan after dinner was go to the palace area to see fire crackers in conjuction with their King's 60's anniversary. But heard Makoto's friend said no fire crackers. So we changed plan to Suanlom Night Bazaar shop again. Nothing much there and basically same thing what you can get in Chatuchak. After a while hanging around there we go back to hotel. Who knows there are fire crackers which can c from hotel room. Nice one and long one. Better...at least didn't miss to see it.
Some pics taken from Suanlum Night Bazaar. there is a big spinning wheel (donno how it calls in english).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Day 3:
My friend actually signed up a half day tour initially plan to floating market but due to is was actual day for King's anniversary the market closed. So we've to change plan to have city tour and some temples. Went to Grand Palace located at China Town for first stop. Then continue to Wat Po, another temple. Big and beautiful temple. Then we move on to gem stone factory again, silk factory, hand craft by handicap shop, and lastly to traditional massage center. We did massage but I don take Thai massage. Tried before was painful. I just did Aromatheraphy massage.
After the whole tour, the tour guide dropped us at MBK shopping centre and we shopped around. Pass by Siam Square, Siam Paragon etc....there are a lot shopping places which you can't finish shopping within a day. I've stopped buying since enough from Chatuchak :D
Took BTS back to hotel and rest a while. Then go near by for a steamboat cum bbq dinner eat all you can. Makoto also joined us. Satisfied dinner with lots of meats!
Rest at hotel after dinner after whole day out. I got sorethroat since back from UK trip and now worst from eating heaty food. at last got sick back at homeground....
Grand Palace Temple...top left buddha with real gold!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wat Po Temple
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Day 4:
Went to Four Faces Buddha for a pray and walk back to hotel while shop along the road side. It is not far to hotel actually. Lucky didn't take cab :p Didn't do much thing as need to check out at 12 and go to airport at 1pm. Then is time to go home....what a tiring trip but fun!

At Four Faces Buddha, with my best friend mummy to be...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The End for my trip

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.....continuos tour.....what a tiring trip....even from your story also can feel u were dead tired.

Take care with the sore throat Shirlyn..

Shirlyn said...

yeah i was extremely tired :p
oh my throat recover already. i've got flu together after whole trip. but recovered after seeing doctor. thanks for concern :)