Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Troublesome To Be Singapore PR

OK Just got to know something unusual or you so call special rules by Singapore government! So many hassles to apply or revoke permit or PR.

What is happening? OK the case is like this. My work require me to go to site in Singapore (Singapore MRT) and to enter SMRT I need to have permit by SMRT and before I grant the permit by them I need to have a working visa by Singapore government. If my Singapore PR still valid of course no need go thru such hassles. I've got PR when I worked in Singapore few years ago. The PR expired just August this year. :( So I thought it is automatically will update my PR status expired. Then I try to apply employment pass to Ministry of Manpower Singapore (MOM). But my whole application rejected. Reason they said my status of PR still active! And MOM needs me to call to ICA Singapore (immigration) to clear off my status only can apply again with the letter by ICA to prove my PR revoke. Otherwise I can't apply any permit yet.

My doubt, 1. Why the PR expired it is not automatically update. 2. Why MOM also not get the update? Then I called ICA to ask about. What a rule I've just got to know. Once your PR expired you need to surrender some documents to revoke the PR! Then only they will update the status. Duhhh.... Now I need to return IC, Re-entry Permit Pass, Passport (which stamp the PR ship), and a letter written by myself to tell that I'm aware of PR is being revoke and give the reason. So troublesome!!! Now only I know! One more thing, the PR is valid for 5 years only and once expired you have to surrender and if you wan to be PR again you have to re-apply a fresh application! There is no such thing renew or extend your PR period. Tell me about it, what the heck the SG govenment thinking? Why need such hassle?

What I can do now is to prepare the documents either go to SG ISA headquarter or go thru Singapore HICOM in KL. Tried to call them yesterday and today but non of the officer free to help. Said will return my call since yesterday but non that I receive. I need to get the permit asap leh...very frustrating! damn.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should be more alert on whats happening around you. I have stumbled upon ur blog and find that you are so into your gym. As for permanant residence I think nearly all countries that accepts pr give them a 5 years allowance.and anyway there is no such thing as renewal. The Singaporeans must have think that you are dumb. Of course they will not get back to you earlier in my country you will have to source these things out for yourself. Asking for everything and not doing your research is just plain lazy and its like spoon feeding a baby. I can see that you are almost in your thirties right so I guess you can think for yourself. anyway gees that not what we experince in our country.